Saturday 21 June 2008

Annoying calls

It has been a nightmare since I got my account in HDFC. They all start by asking, "Madam, aapka profile bohot achcha hai. You can apply for our gold credit card which is valid internationally. The gold credit card suits your profile too." I asked her what she meant by a 'good profile'. Quick came the reply, "Your company has a good name and reputation. It is in our good books."
I fail to understand how does it matter whether our company has a good repute? The company can throw us out any time. Their so-called 'gold' and 'silver' credit cards won't come to save our necks then. I also don't know how do other consumer finance companies get our numbers and other details. It was hilarious when I got a call today from one of these 'lenders'. He asked whether I was interested in getting a car loan. I am like, Dude! I have not yet even got my full month salary. I have just started out as a trainee. I don't know why they keep calling without doing a complete background check.
But I must say, I feel privileged after getting such calls. I mean I know how difficult it is for one to sustain a job but there are actually people out there who think 'Oh! she must be some big shot. Let's ask her if she would be interested in this service or offer.'

No comments: