Monday 1 December 2008

Y do we get scared and then rise again the next morning with a smile?

Yes, as predicted it's about the latest 'terror' events that took place in Mumbai. I wonder why do I feel scared and uncertain immediately after any such incident takes place but forget everything about it after a month or two?
It happened to me after the July 2006 attacks when I was dead scared to enter a train and as soon as i would enter it, I would frantically \check the space beneath the berths and the luggage space above. But I do not remember when I stopped doing that.
Now again, for four days when I was literally holed up inside my home, I was scared at night and would shiver at the first rustle of leaves outside. The darkness would seem like consuming me and I couldn't sleep at night. Mom's not at home and dad would come late making matters worst.
I really wonder, is it good to forget things or such terror incidents? Is it only me who forgets them or is it in human nature to erase the past that traumatises you?
Only psychology experts ca answer that question. Meanwhile all I can say is, it helps me 'live a life'.

No comments: