Wednesday 12 January 2022

World Food Day

As I go through the remains of my office desk, reminiscing the short but good times I have spent there, a recent headlines comes to my mind. 8 million people in the U.S. slipped into poverty. I don't know the figures in India or UK or the rest of the world but I'm sure they are similarly if not more bleak. The divide between the rich and the poor has now become the size of Grand Canyon. We have reached a point of no return. Our generation has witnessed two cataclysmic economic earthquakes in a span of less than two decades. Anything that the financial gurus say cannot help the poor. They need basic support and the economy is in ICU. 
In our ancestors times of hunting and gathering, the struggle was to stay alive and fit enough to scavange food. Today, our method of hunting has changed but we still have to scavange for food and basic survival. 
Are we learning anything from these economic disasters? Are we learning to be a better consumer, more aware of the effects a bad government can have on us?  As many of our brothers and sisters go hungry on the World Food Day, I ask a question - Will we change?

No comments: