Tuesday 30 April 2024

Deep as this night darkens

Going by my husband's request to write travel blogs with a very sympathetic face,  I have got this urge to pen down some thoughts. 


Deep as this night darkens, 
My thoughts plunge within my mind. 
In the quietness of the moment, 
true thoughts are born. 
I struggle to write my travels, 
but verses come easy to me. 
Verses are my companion 
For the lonely days and nights. 
They keep me safe from the beast of empty (negative) thoughts 
They hold my hand and take me to a world far away from 
Imaginary sounds and images. 
No blackness of thoughts can touch me when you are with me. 
The other world is far away from here. 
This is me speaking to my inner core
My mind is pouring its thoughts on a bright screen. 
A screen that will soon transfer my thoughts to the wider world. 
And strike a chord somewhere with someone, one day I hope. 
As I lay in my bed 
Deep in my thoughts 
I'm forced to close my eyes 
To gather my stream of consciousness. 
I see the tricks you play. 
I'm lulled to sleep 
Yet i wake up on the edge 
Only to dive in again. 

(Posting today but has been in my draft since 2019)

No comments: