Wednesday 6 September 2017

We are travellers


We are all travellers.
Travelling through time,
through an empty space.

Connected with one end of breath to another.
We play our game of dots. 
We connect our dots,
one step at a time.

Lakes, rivers and oceans, 
Vast spaces within and without us. 
The mountains, rivers and space will stay the same;
for generations before us witnessed them
and generations after us will.
We will drift along,
One end to another,
One space to another,
One form to another. 

Dancing our way to the other end of this string,
the act shall end.
The stage will be razed.
But the circus will move on,
beyond my time and presence. 

I lay here today, I shall rest elsewhere tomorrow.
But rest I must and rest I shall
as the twilight shall come,
It always does. 

We are all travellers
Travelling through time.
through an empty space. 

No comments: